HeForShe Graphic Design Consultant
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
A flagship initiative of UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement is an international platform that invites and engages men and boys to complement the work of the women’s movement and create an equal world for all. Men hold a disproportionate level of power across cultures globally, but they remain largely absent from the gender equality conversation. Similar to other human rights and social justice movements like Black Lives Matter and LGBTQIA+ equality, gender equality requires action and allyship across all of society. HeForShe invites men and boys to build on the work of the women’s movement as equal partners, crafting and implementing a shared vision of gender equality that will benefit all of humanity. For more information, visit http://www.heforshe.org/en
The UN Women HeForShe initiative is looking for a Graphic Designer consultant to design & deliver graphic collateral, both for digital and print purposes, for the exciting campaigns taking place this year, including HeForShe’s campaign to engage men for through a partnership with New Macho as well as support in HeForShe’s campaign in contribution to 16 days of activism against gender-based violence. This position will play a key role in the execution of HeForShe visual design, production of collateral and brand aesthetic and will include exciting opportunities to work on high level events with CEO’s, Heads of State and Ambassadors. The graphic designer will have varied responsibilities and will be relied on to confidently execute with timeliness and consistency, in addition to working in an open and collaborative way with other company functions including content, operations, editorial, etc. This role will also advocate and drive convincing designs for the development of supporter experience and marketing strategies; drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, production and web teams and inspire creative teams in all areas of expertise to exceed expectations. A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process is essential to performing this challenging role. Working in a dynamic environment, the graphic designer will also be an efficient time manager capable of juggling a variety of project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce high quality design that advances the HeForShe brand strategy, graphics, and collateral across digital and offline channels.
- Create visually engaging assets for online platforms, including social media channels and print collateral including posters.
- Conceptualize and develop animation videos, graphics and infographics to communicate key achievements of the initiative.
- Deliver strong, convincing designs and partner effectively with external creative teams;
- Work closely with Communications colleagues and vendor partners to ensure a consistent look and feel across all design work for the HeForShe brand.
- Accountable for developing creative work of the highest caliber, provide quality control over concepts and projects, contribute creative solutions and innovations that strengthen the HeForShe brand.
- Carry out ad-hoc graphic design related work as instructed by the supervisorDeliverables:
- Produce 40-50 high quality graphic designs for HeForShe’s parallel campaign in support of 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
- Produce 80-100 high quality evergreen content for HeForShe social media, website, and other communication platforms
- Produce the multimedia components / interstitials of
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Required Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Postgraduate degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design experience required.
- Entry level experience in graphic design especially with design and photo-editing software (Professional knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent software required);
- Ability to concept unique ideas for video and motion graphics projects and advertising campaigns;
- A knack and desire for collaborating with copywriters, editors, designers, and producers;
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of film production, 2D & 3D design and animation, video and sound editing, photography;
- The ability to provide clear creative direction with timely, helpful feedback that will improve the quality of our work;
- Advanced experience managing the creative development process in a client-services environment to ensure top quality work;
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels, both with internal and client teams;
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need;
- Exceptional creativity and innovation;
- Ability to respond to short deadlines and demonstrate a quick turn-around and execution of creative work.
- English and French are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage