Data Analyst, Syria/MENA Program, L5
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Be part of a growing international organization that is dedicated to tackling this global challenge.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is a treaty-based international organization with headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands. Its mandate is to secure the cooperation of governments and others in locating and identifying missing persons. As the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons, ICMP maintains field programs throughout the world. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP Syria/MENA program aims to establish the foundations for an effective and sustainable mechanism to address the issue of the missing in a future post-conflict Syria. The program will focus on
1) contributing to increased understanding among victims, civil society and key stakeholders regarding processes, standards and rights of victims and survivors who are involved in accounting for missing persons;
2) establishing the conditions to launch a participative process of data collection that empowers and engages families of the missing; and
3) increasing the capacity of Syrian families, legal experts and other stakeholders to foster an impartial and law-based approach to accounting for missing persons in post-conflict Syria.
The primary beneficiaries of the Syria program are families, in particular women, with relatives missing from the conflict, who are currently displaced in neighboring countries and, also where possible, those who are still in Syria.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Progam, and working in consultation with the Head of Data Coordination (HQ), the Data Analyst will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyzing data sets collected from various sources based on specific requirements and objectives;
- Importing, cleaning, transforming and validating data sets;
- Replying to inquiries received via Online Inquiry Centre (mainly in Arabic);
- Identifying, analyzing, predicting and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- In cooperation with Data System staff, creating data visualizations and presenting complex and detailed statistical and research reports;
- Designing specific data models for collection, tracking and reporting;
- Contributing to the developing tools and methods for the evaluation and quality control of data;
- Writing comprehensive and customized reports;
- Contributing to the development of the iDMS database software solutions;
- Ensuring that the records handling functions conform at all times with ICMP’s policies of personal data protection and confidentiality;
- Other related duties as required.