Learning Management Systems Administrator
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
This role was posted on September 10, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have experience developing eLearning product management strategies and in managing contracted software development teams? If so, we would love to consider you as the Learning Management Systems (LMS) Administrator on our Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) team.
Since 2018, LMH has implemented eLearning solutions for healthcare programs across Ethiopia, Malawi, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Uganda. These solutions all leverage Learning Management Systems for a multitude of purposes. HSS deploys technical capabilities to support LMH country teams and national community health programs. As part of this team, the LMS Administrator will provide technical assistance around eLearning products, including customizing existing LMSs as well as setting strategies and systems for standing up and administering LMSs locally.
The LMS Administrator is responsible for managing different LMS instances and for ensuring that they are functioning smoothly, administering learners & certificates, and receiving necessary technical support. In close coordination with members of the Education Team and the respective in-country team members, the LMS Administrator promotes the learning management best practices and influences LMH’s culture to better utilize education technologies.
This position is open to candidates located in Malawi, Liberia, Uganda, and the eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have work authorization in the country above that they seek to work in. We seek candidates who are passionate about equity, justice, and how technology can make an impact on rural community healthcare.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the smooth implementation of all LMS (largely Moodle implementations) instances for LMH geographies and programs
- Plan and coordinate regular upgrades to LMH’s LMS instances to the latest software version
- Administer LMS that do not currently have a full-time administrator, often working with external vendors and partners to load new content and enroll new learners
- Evaluate and provide feedback on system and functional design documents and provide recommendations for improvement
- Export developed courses from the LMS to the client applications and live servers for both testing and publication
- Create and execute a long-term plan for learning management system growth and improvement; Develop systems for managing work with in-country LMS admins and Digital Health teams
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager to ensure smooth integration between the LMS and the learners’ client applications.
- Work closely with external vendors, in-country teams, and the Software Development Manager to handle support tickets submitted by in-country Digital Health Specialists.
- Provide deep knowledge of LMS products to troubleshoot issues faced by different learners and country-level admins and teachers
- Manage tools for automating certification and support users making corrections as necessary
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an applicable field such as education, computer science, or equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience.
- Several years of experience in administering software systems and data reportinganalysis, with a preference for candidates with experience administering Moodle LMS and Moodle Workplace
- Several years of experience administration and maintenance of a Learning Management System
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong customer service skills
- Experience managing multiple external vendors and tools
- Demonstrable proficiency in integrating external tools (plug-ins) into learning management systems (with a preference for Moodle experience)
- Command of HTML and CSS
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience with database structures, SQL, analysis of that data, and reporting systems
- You have some background in instructional or educational technology
- You have some background in learning, healthcare, and/or development in low-middle income countries
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: Band 3
For the United States the range is: $65,000 to $75,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For Liberiathe range is: $25,000 to $35,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
ForMalawi the range is: $30,000 to $50,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
ForUgandathe range is: $25,000 to $40,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.