Social Adjustment Services Caseworker
Abilene (United States of America)
Job Overview/Summary: The SAS Caseworker provides short term case management services to clients who are post the initial resettlement process. Case management services are focused on medical case management, access to public benefits and emergency case management. The caseworker provides additional orientation to achieve long term independence.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
·Provide intake, needs assessment, and enrollment services for clients referred to social adjustment services
·Develop comprehensive service plans in collaboration with clients
·Develop working partnerships for social service providers, and ensure referral processes for clients are in place
·Assist clients with public benefits applications, including SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, and TANF
·Connect clients with medical providers as appropriate
·Develop and implement orientations related to health and public benefits
·Ensure case files and reports are maintained in accordance with grant requirements.
·Other duties as requested
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in social service setting, including public benefits and US social services system; minimum of 2 years’ experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in Spanish required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
·A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
·May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.