San Diego (United States of America)
The Employment Specialist is responsible for leading the provision of services to assist newly arrived refugee clients to attain self-sufficiency through employment. Specifically, the Employment Specialist ensures services that include employment preparation, placement, career enhancement services and follow-up services.
- Provide intake, assessment, and pre-employment/job readiness orientation to clients eligible for employment services;
- Develop comprehensive employment plans for each employable adult;
- Provide both group and one-on-one intense job readiness orientations that provide clients with the basic skills required to enhance their employability;
- Develop and cultivate long term relationships with area employers in order to identify appropriate employment opportunities for clients, in collaboration with the Employment Team;
- Determine specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assist clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process;
- Monitor job performance, wage level, and employer/employee happiness;
- Assist clients and employers as necessary with post placement issues and continuing employment needs;
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements, and entry into two different data base;
- Participate in all program meetings, weekly employment meeting, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team;
- Follow all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Other duties as assigned.
·Undergraduate degree in a related field; or mix of equivalent years of education and related work experience;
·Two years of related professional work experience ideal;
·Demonstrated experience with the U.S. job search process and the ability to effectively mentor clients through the multifaceted process of securing employment;
·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
·Shown success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment;
·Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
·Proficiency in English and Farsi/Dari (spoken and written) required, Pashto a plus.
·Standard, professional office environment, Partial remote delivery of services while IRC offices are closed due to CV-19;
·Regular travel to off-site locations is required;
·Offices hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm;
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver license and auto insurance to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply at http://www.rescue.org/careers