Community Sponsorship Manager
San Diego (United States of America)
The Community Sponsorship (CS) Manager establishes and manages all aspects of the assigned office or region’s community sponsorship program. They expand and strengthen engagement of local community groups, faith-based organizations, and businesses in the welcoming and integration of refugees, build awareness of and support for forcibly displaced populations, and seed the larger landscape for community sponsorship in the US. The Community Sponsorship Manager builds, implements, and refines IRC’s local Community Sponsorship programming in accordance with current and emerging best practices, collaborating closely with all stakeholders for the benefit of IRC clients and communities.
Program Design and Strategy
- Contextualize the local program design in accordance with general best practices and donor requirements and through engagement with the broader sponsorship ecosystem
- Establish local strategy for building and implementing the program and assessing its effectiveness and scalability
- Reach out to and educate community groups, faith-based organizations, and businesses about community sponsorship and its benefits, for both sponsors and the populations served, through presentations, newsletters, social media, and direct outreach
- Coordinate and facilitate outreach events
- Advocate for and promote awareness of refugee populations to promote community acceptance
- Recruit and train community sponsorship groups (co-sponsors) and facilitate appropriate matches with newly arrived refugee families and individuals. Conduct necessary screening for co-sponsors and develop a process for matching co-sponsors to families/individuals
- Ensure co-sponsors and those served have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities within the program; provide ongoing clarification as needed
- Ensure provision of all core reception and placement services in accordance with the cooperative agreement in close collaboration with the co-sponsor group. This includes providing services directly if co-sponsors are unavailable or as otherwise required by the cooperative agreement
- Ensure that all electronic and hard case files and databases are maintained accurately and timely, in accordance with program requirements
- Assess and monitor client progress to support their attainment of established goals, to address challenges, and to ensure that available resources are utilized.
- Keep detailed records and manage data for tracking goals and grant reporting purposes to ensure that grant requirements are met and program activities are compliant and allowable
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and participant feedback to improve outcomes
- Ensure provision of appropriate interpretation
Program Evaluation and Refinement
- Engage with the broader sponsorship ecosystem to incorporate lessons learned and other relevant experience of other CS programs
- Make recommendations to IRC leadership, donors, and other stakeholders
- Work with pilot group to develop a presentation about the program and its benefits with other organizations and field offices
- Other duties as assigned
·Combination of education and experience normally represented by a bachelor’s degree in social work or human service field
·Minimum of four years of related, progressively responsible professional experience
·Minimum of two years of experience working with diverse clients in a non-profit setting; previous experience working with refugees preferred
·Experience in project or program management, including experience meeting deadlines, maintaining case files, and completing timely reporting
·Comfort with establishing relationships and collaborating with national organizations and businesses
·Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual; experience using interpreters desired
·Highly effective communication skills, demonstrating strong partnership skills, emotional intelligence, and situational awareness
·Highly adaptable and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment
·Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
·Fluency in English; written and spoken
Working Environment: Standard office working environment with regular local travel within the service delivery area
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.