Security Manger Colombia
Deployment Type: Full time
Location: Bogotá /Colombia
Start date: October 2021
Duration: six months, with possibility of renewal
Title: Security Manager Colombia
This post would ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are responsive to the context, adequate and known to staff, and advise on humanitarian access approaches in close coordination with the Security Coordinator VCR and Deputy Director of operations - DDO. Training will also be provided for staff in order to facilitate and implement the security topics, in addition to other standard operating procedures and contingency plans related to incident prevention/management and safety and security of teams.
This position reports to the Security Coordinator
Main objectives of the position:
- Support program teams in achieving and maintaining access for the most vulnerable communities.
- Identify security risks through participatory and inclusive processes and propose mitigation measures
- Ensure that access and security strategies are taken into consideration from the initial stages of intervention design
- The Security Manager must act as roving and provide support when required to other areas of the VCR operation (Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Peru)
- Prepare a training plan for staff in Colombia according to the context and threats identified.
- Provide close advice to local partners on safety and security issues (Cali, Pasto, Ipiales, Norte de Santander, Medellín and Cundinamarca)
- Safety and Security Management Planning
- Support the Security Coordinator (SC) and DDO to create all policies, procedures, guidelines, and planning as related to staff safety, security, and program continuity of Colombia
- Provide technical guidance to Security Officers in Colombia as necessary
- Update the Security Management Plan (SMP) for the IRC Colombia
- Reference and ensure compliance to IRC Security Management Framework within the SMP and all annexes.
- Work with SC to create and roll out implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and Contingency Plans related to team safety and security, in line with the Security Management Plan.
- Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices and residences. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
- Provide continuous updates to guidance and technical input to programs on areas of operation (current and prospective), stakeholders and context.
- Humanitarian Access Management
- Support the SC to develop and maintain relationships with local authorities and key actors, in line with the program design, in order to ensure that important stakeholders are well informed and involved in the IRC program in Colombia, also leading to increased ease and safety in the implementation of humanitarian activities.
- Provide technical input and advice to assessments in new geographic areas.
- Advise programs in order to ensure that IRC, its mission and work in the areas of operations is known and accepted (this depends on visibility and program strategies);
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision
- Based on security SOPs, monitor activities in the field and revise, if necessary, to ensure that IRC staff, operations, and facilities are safe.
- Compile and submit the following reports regularly:
- Maintain both live and static movement maps (heat maps and risk maps) for Colombia updated and keep staff informed in weekly meetings
- Ensure the updating of local contacts together with the Security Officers
Security & Access Training and Orientation
- Pre-Arrival security documentation to be shared with visitors and incoming staffs before their arrival; they should also be offered an opportunity to contact the SECURITY MANAGERbefore arrival
- On-Arrival Orientation should be provided to any IRC staff, visitor, consultant, within 24 hours of arrival in country
- Safety and Security Training/Induction should be provided for all staff joining IRC; this must be recorded in the training log; this may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications protocols, etc.
- Monitor, record and update the IRC contact card, in coordination with Admin and Security Officers.
- This position reports to the Security Coordinator
- This position will also work closely with the DDO and RSSD