Communications & Advocacy Senior Officer
LOCATION: Bogotá, Colombia
START: October 2021
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full Time
DURATION: six months with possible extension
The successful candidate will work with the country team to identify and create content that supports the IRC’s communications, development, and advocacy goals. S/he will produce accurate information about the IRC’s programmatic impact to be shared across the IRC and externally. In coordination with country office staff, s/he will support communications projects to include the identification of stories and case studies, and the facilitation of photographer/videographer visits. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that all IRC Colombia external communications material is up to date. This includes Colombia country program fact sheets, web page content, sector-by-sector one-sheets and response updates. S/he will ensure that IRC messaging is consistent and correct across all channels. Successful candidate will show initiative in pitching the country office team creative, thumb-stopping ideas, content and stories that can be pitched to specific, and general audiences. All content will be aligned to communications and external advocacy strategies both at a country and global level.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic, creative thinker and team-player who is eager to learn and be part of a team that is committed to improving the lives of migrants in Colombia. Vibrant and creative communications is essential to this goal.
Reports to: Grants Coordinator.
- Collaborate with the Grants Coordinator, DDP and Country Director to develop engaging and impactful content about the IRC’s work for IRC’s own channels and for external placement.
- Document through photos and text the IRC’s work in Colombia for use across IRC social media channels.
- Support country teams in drafting visibility plans, communications budgets, and implementing them in compliance with donor standards
- Support country teams in designing visibility products in compliance with donor standards
- Work closely with Grants Coordinator, DDP and Country Director to ensure that all content about the IRC’s response is both current and consistent
- Working closely with the Grants Coordinator, DDP and Country Director, respond to information requests from news media; including research as necessary; arrange interviews; and assist journalists and photographers in coordinating coverage of IRC programs.
- Working closely with the Grants Coordinator, DDP and Country Director to support writing materials that may include op-eds, draft press releases, background information and Q&As about IRC programs and issues of concern.
- Working closely with the technical teams, gather program progress and activities, and present in an attractive and engaging format that can be shared with project stakeholders, partners, the donor, and, potentially, externally.
- Working closely with the country team to organize and executive strategic events to cultivate local and recognize local support.
- Coordinate videography and photography as requested of key project events and interventions.
- Ensure that all materials adhere to the branding and marketing requirements
- Ensure that the country team is kept up to date on IRC campaigns and external advocacy initiatives and are given good guidance on how to participate, i.e., suggested tweets and social media posts.
- When necessary, assist with regional/HQ communications needs.
- Supervise IRC´s Graphic Design Assistant