Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Programme Management Officer, Healthy and Productive Ecosystems Subprogramme or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Technical Coordinator will:
- Contribute to the overall facilitation and coordination of the implementation of the Regional implementation of the UN Decade on Ecosystem restoration
- Support in the drafting of TORs and project concept notes
- Develop and monitor the regional action plan, with plans for engagement at all levels (Policy Level, Youth, Gender, Community) as well as other partners
- Contribute to the organization and technical preparation of meetings, webinars, etc. This would include preparation of materials, info notes, stock taking of restoration activities in the region, preparing meeting reports
- Identify and develop project proposals for an ecosystem restoration flagship programme in West Asia and presented at Regional Forums and workshops.
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources on UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Performs other duties as required, related to the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration in the region, as conducting communication activities, social media
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in area related to biodiversity, land management, ecosystems management; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.Required experience 84 Months Experience remark
- At least 7 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in biodiversity, land management, ecosystems management, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Expert in Sustainable Land Management/ecosystem management in development context;
- Experience with programme and project development, integrated planning and analysis, implementation and management;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the environment, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Fluent