Emergency Officers (Male and Female) - Member of Emergency Roster
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Emergency Officer is part of the Emergency Team and he/she is responsible for implementing DRC Afghanistan’s emergency project activities in the field. A key member of the Emergency Team, the Emergency Officer participates in emergency assessments, with strong familiarity with emergency assessment methodologies including household survey enumeration; practices strong communication with communities to disseminate information about DRC’s emergency assessments and responses and obtain relevant information, including feedback; and implements safe and organized emergency distributions in accordance with DRC SOPs. The Emergency Officer will work in remote and challenging locations and must be able to perform to a high standard in challenging and insecure field conditions, with the support of DRC management, safety, and access teams and within DRC’s acceptable risk thresholds. The Emergency Officer works under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader and will directly report to the Emergency Team Leader, and works with his/her DRC team to ensure that all DRC emergency activities are implemented in accordance with humanitarian principles, in an impartial, neutral, independent, and humanitarian way.
In line with humanitarian principles and to ensure that both men and women beneficiaries are served well and appropriately by DRC, DRC recruits both men and women emergency officers. Both men and women are strongly encouraged to apply for the Emergency Officer – Roster positions.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid needs assessments in the field using HEAT tools, both through paper based and digital forms
- Establish good contact and linkages with other humanitarian actors in the field
- Coordinating and conducting emergency field distributions (Cash and NFIs)
- Conducting rapid market assessments.
- Produce basic reports on needs assessments and proposed responses
- Support referrals of vulnerable cases to DRC Protection team
- As agreed with line manager, travel within and out the region to support DRC emergency teams all over Afghanistan
- When requested, join a DRC flying team and be ready to be re-allocated for short period and with short notice, outside the normal area of operation (within the country).
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 1 years’ experience within aid work (voluntary or paid); prior experience with IDP or natual disasters responses is desirable
- Interested qualified female candidates with a minimum of 1 years of relevant working experience in Human Resources and Administration may be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Female in DRC who travel for official trips will be allowed to travel with a Moharam and the travel/accommodation cost will be incurred by DRC.
- Female mothers who work for DRC are eligible for Day Care cost for their children up to the age of 6.
- High Scool Graduate (essential)
- Bachelor, social sciences preferred (desirable).
- Excellent spoken and written Dari and Pashto
- Good command of English
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 26 Sep-2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply