Environmental Health Assistant
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Officer, the EH Assistant Position is a junior level management position that involves planning and monitoring the accurate implementation of the Emergency WASH Response. The position requires the supervision of some WASH work as well as the accurate management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors.
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyze performed ...).
- Coordinating with local authorities in their intervention areas.
- Participating in detailed technical assessments for water supply and sanitation facilities to be rehabilitated or constructed and preparing bills of quantities and specifications with drawings.
- Conducting detailed assessments at health facilities to identify the health care waste management needs.
- Coordinating with Cleaning Fund and conducting need assessment to support them on solid waste management activities.
- Follow monitoring tools for contract management in coordination with WASH program manager.
- Supervise rehabilitation or newly construction of the water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Tracking and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Work with communities and pertinent partners in the rehabilitation or construction of water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Support, stablish or activate and facilitate the training of water management committee or group to ensure accurate per management of WASH facilities.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as the need arises.
- Performs other task as requested by EH Officer as far is it related to main WASH activities.