Background Information - Job-specific
The Austria Multi-Country Office (AUMCO) was set up in August 2019 as a part of the UNOPS Europe & Central Asia Region (ECR). Specifically, AUMCO aims to enable achievement of Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement through global programmes and tailored interventions in the Balkans, South Caucasus, and Central Asia, focused on:
Project Management (full service, back on track)
HR and Transactional Services
Technical and Advisory Services
Established in mid-2018 under the UN umbrella, UNOPS Georgia reports to and works under the guidance of the Austria Multi-country Office (AUMCO), which in turn reports to the Eastern and Central Asia region office in Geneva. Currently, UNOPS in Georgia is implementing several projects in the Education, Security and Healthcare sectors. The projects are implemented in close partnership with the Government of Georgia, the European Union and the World Bank.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager and Finance Team Officer, the Administration Assistant provides a range of administrative and financial services to corporate, portfolio and client managers and associates. The incumbent will be working in close collaboration with the Project Support, Finance, Procurement Units and with UNOPS HQ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery in line with the current practices and travel policies.
1. Support implementation of office-related operational procedures in full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies:
● Act as point of contact for the office; maintain contact lists; respond to email, telephone, or face to face enquiries
● Carries out general reception duties, that includes advising authorized visitors of the location of the office they wish to visit and arrange escort there to.
● Help with staff requirements, administrative needs, overview of appointments, etc.
● Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and forms
● Ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; safe storage; evaluating new equipment and techniques
● Maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
● Acting as the point of contact for internal and external clients/contractors
● Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
● Processing of office-related invoices
● Monitoring driver’s occupancy and managing transportation requests and relevant calendar
● Providing operational support to the office staff upon necessity
● Proper maintenance, servicing and repair of all office vehicles for top performance and safe operating conditions in accordance with UNOPS vehicle management policy and procedures
● Implementation of a repair and maintenance system for all office equipment including EDP equipment, and generators, etc.
● Assessment of contract services (cleaning, security, taxi, courier, etc.) in view of improving service level and/or identifying better solutions
● Assistance with timely and effective customs clearance
● Administering the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation.
2. Contribute to travel arrangements of the personnel, including data entry and calculation support related to Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA):
● Preparing and calculating Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) according to UNOPS’ Travel Policies and procedures, based on transmitted DSA documents
● Supporting review of DSA documents for accuracy
● Providing guidance and support to personnel on DSA processes, procedures and regulations
● Answering queries and resolving routine administrative and process issues; escalates non-routine queries and issues to supervisor
● Supporting maintenance and easy-retrieval of relevant administrative documents (hardcopy and digital) and periodic reports on service delivery, ensuring both accuracy and safekeeping of confidential materials
● Assisting in creation and updates of DSA Calculation templates
● Performing other DSA-related tasks, as required, and as specified by either the direct supervisor or team leader
● Secondary school or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Specialized training in administration or finance is desirable.
● A minimum of 3 years of operational experience in finance, logistics, or administration is required. Ability to work with computers, particularly office software packages (e.g. G-Suite, MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions), spreadsheets (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel) and web-based management systems are desirable. Some experience in the UN system organizations is desirable.
● Fluency in Georgian and English is required
● Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Contract Agreement, Ongoing Contract level: ICSC-03 / LICA-03
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.