Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistic Officer, and the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer the UN Volunteer will be in charge of the following functions:
- Maintain a permanent and updated record in the inventory control systems.
- Prepare monthly reports or at the request of the direct manager, for the monitoring and control of the assets in the fixed assets module.
- Support the Organization in the implementation of the established control processes, allowing the proper process of creation, transfer, monitoring and retirement of assets.
- Ensure the correct administration of the physical resources assigned to the Mission.
- Guarantee the adequate insurance of the goods for risk of loss, theft, damage, or others; maintaining the timely report against the claims that occurred for the assets and carrying out the respective follow-up until the end of each process.
- Address the requests for donation of assets processed by the Programs and others, guaranteeing the respective control and the proper authorization procedure by donors and headquarters, as well as the respective updating in the fixed assets module.
- Maintain adequate marking of the assets acquired by placing barcode labels for each item, in coordination with the Procurement & Logistics and Program Units.
- Carry out annual physical inventories in the Mission offices and prepare a report with the novelties found pertinent recommendations and the respective solution to these.
- Maintain adequate control and monitoring of the rental contracts required for the normal development of the Organization's activities, guaranteeing the timely payment of the rental fees.
- Ensure adequate control over the cell lines acquired by the Organization.
- Management and control of the loan center.
- Strictly comply with IOM procedures, regulations, and standards of conduct.
- Provide support to the Purchasing & Logistics Unit in times of high demand in activities that require additional attention.
- All other functions assigned to her/him by the Procurement & Logistics Officer, Head of RM, and IOM Chief of Mission, due to the conditions inherent to his position and its conditions.
Professional of Administrative, economic, or related careers.Required experience 36 Months Experience remark
- Minimum of three (3) years general experience, as well as experience working in the IOM / UN or other international development organization, collaborating logistic/inventory/procurement groups, relevant non-governmental organizations, or humanitarian organizations, is desirable
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in inventory, purchasing, logistics, inventory, and fixed asset reconciliation processes
- Preferably with knowledge of the SAP system - inventory and purchasing module
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a variety of partners.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of national and international staff.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Strong general computer skills, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email / Internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Another desired / mandatory technical knowledge required.
- Spoken and written Spanish is required. English is an advantage.