Cash and Livelihoods Assistant Iraq Nineveh (Sinjar - National)
Role and responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Officer in registration of beneficiaries; verification of needs based on home visits, post distribution monitoring; and/or distribution of assistance for various activity streams in line with NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the most vulnerable beneficiaries are selected in line with the approved beneficiary selection criteria
- Support partners/contractors/trainers to implement business-focused training programmes.
- Implement or support partner implementation of community-based soft-skills training programmes.
- Facilitate, monitor and support the implementation of the vocational training activities.
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities, including local leaders and identification of local focal points
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews, with assistants and enumerators.
- Verify and update the beneficiary registers and report back to the project officer
- Follow up on all beneficiaries regularly to ensure that they implement activities in line with schedules provided
- Participate in the preparation of weekly and monthly plan and schedules to be submitted to the immediate supervisor within given deadlines;
- Prepare and submit reports and other updates as required
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms
- 2 years’ experience in Cash and livelihood projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- At least a University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (social sciences, agriculture, etc.). Proven work experience will be considered as a substitute for formal education.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience conducting beneficiary identification, verification and registration
- Experience supporting referrals and/or identifying service providers
- Experience conducting focus groups, questionnaires, and surveys
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the areas of operational interests
- Contract Duration:11 months ( with the possibility of extension)
- Duty Station: Sinjar - Iraq
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: G4/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- For more information please read Job Description