UNV International Youth Volunteer – Investigations Office
New York City (United States of America)
Eligibility criteria Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief of Strategy Intake and Analysis (SIA), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Conducts initial assessments and assists with other intake-related matters;
- Prepares related written outputs, including referral and closure memoranda;
- Assists with strategic and policy initiatives and deliverables, including related to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and anti-racism and discrimination;
- Assists with revising the OIAI investigations manual and other internal policies, procedures, and templates, as needed; and
- Undertakes research and/or other tasks as assigned by the Chief of SIA, in support of the SIA Section.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
A first-level degree Bachelor’s degree in international law or related field.Required experience 2 Months Experience remark
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience in legal activities and/or investigation related functions.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good organizational skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage. Knowledge of another UN language is considered as an asset.