Youth and Communications Officer
Under the overall guidance of the Unit Chief and the supervision of theJPO;
- Project Design: With the YEA team in Nairobi, to oversee the Tide Turners Plastic Challenge Programme in the Pacific Region with the aim of securing 150,000 youth to participate in the programme in 10 countries in the region in accordance with the ISLANDS project in close coordination with SPREP and UNEP Pacific Office.
- Partner mapping: Identify relevant implementing partners and youth and advocacy networks in 10 countries in the region that have strong youth networks in the target countries that can support the rollout of the programme in the region;
- Project management: Support the implementing partners in the region to deliver on the objectives of the programme and to report back per the requirements of the funding agreements so that key KPIs are met;
- Advocacy and communications: Support the UNEP Pacific Office in digital communications and in advocacy and ensure that the delivery of the Tide Turner programme is amplified through advocacy and communications plan across the region;
- Donor reporting and evaluation: Oversee reporting and monitoring of partners' performance.
- Support: When required, to support the Samoa office in its daily tasks.
Environmental Affairs, CommunicationsRequired experience 36 Months Experience remark
3 years of working with multi-stakeholder project coordination or youth organisations, communications, advocacy, and social media.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Youth organisations, Communications, Advocacy, and Social Media.Driving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 27 September 2021