Executive Assistant, Global Services
This role was posted on September 10, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we obsess about exceptional work. Are you a highly organized individual looking to support a geographically diverse and growing team? If so, you may be our next Executive Assistant (EA) at Last Mile Health.
TheEA will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and support the Global Services team whose mission is to help Last Mile Health and its employees more effectively deliver programming by developing and deploying talent, systems, and tools that enable our organization’s operations.
The Executive Assistant is a critical member of the global services team. The EA will provide direct support to the Chief Operating Officer (80% level of effort) inclusive of project management on crucial organizational systems, calendar management, travel coordination, meeting and presentation preparation, financial tracking, and organization-wide communications. The EA will also support the Managing Director, Finance (10% level of effort) and Managing Director, Development (10% level of effort) with a primary focus on calendar management and scheduling.
A successful candidate will be a methodical, organized, take-charge project manager and executive support coordinator who will develop a deep understanding of Last Mile Health’s Global Services business needs and the impact of major initiatives across departments.
This position is open to candidates located on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee scheduling and calendar management, including working with staff to prioritize their time and attendance and reschedule conflicts as needed
- Manage the COO’s and Global Services’ operational cadence to ensure that all pre-planning, meeting scheduling, and follow-ups are completed for major initiatives throughout the year.
- Provide support on all major planning and communication to ensure efficient allocation of resources and effective communication for cross-functional collaborations.
- Attend meetings, take notes, identify action items, and follow up with content and deliverables as needed.
- Help set agendas, review content, and manage logistics for leadership and other cross-functional meetings led by the COO and members of the Global Services leadership team as needed.
- Facilitate travel arrangements, expense reports, purchase requests, contract approval, and other administrative activities for the COO and Global Services leadership team
- Organize the Global Services budget and shared drive
- Design and set up organizational systems for the COO related to communications, calendar management, email management, inbox triage, meeting preparation, and prioritization
- Organize and track projects as needed and own small projects as assigned, including desk research.
- Maintain organized systems and repositories of all appropriate communications, presentations, and documentation.
- Work with other EAs at Last Mile Health to optimize executive time, coordinate shared priorities, and deconflict schedules.
What You’ll Bring
- Several years of experience supporting C-level executives, preferably in a non-profit setting with specific experience in email and calendar management.
- Demonstrated success in project management and work-planning skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Zoom, and Google Suite
- Experience with email management and development of strategic inbox optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to be extremely effective independently while also a highly resourceful team-player
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience working in the global health sector
- You have worked in operations or programmatic position in a resource-limited setting
- You have experience in executive communication, messaging, or content development
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: USA - 2
The salary range for this position is: $52,000 to $60,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
You can read more about your United States Benefit offerings here.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.