Oaxaca (Mexico) | Mexico
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to Support the Integrated Development Program (IDP) with administrative tasks.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s Maize Hub and Associated crops located in South Pacific, Oaxaca. Please note that this is a strictly temporary position (5 months).
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar, setting appointments and providing briefings on each day as required.
- Organize travel arrangements for supervisor, including purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations, as well as creating and maintaining a schedule for all trips.
- Respond to incoming calls and requests.
- Prepare, edit, format and scan Word, PPT and Excel documents as needed and compile required signatures for various documents as requested.
- Process supervisor’s official expenses and reimbursements (e.g. utility costs), ensuring timely payment of invoices and credit card.
- Process consultant and vendor payments (invoices from service providers and/or collaborators; fill in forms to register vendors within internal system).
- Prepare purchase orders and personnel requests.
- Follow up on internal and external process and requests (finance, purchasing, IT, maintenance, etc.).
- Organize logistics for internal and external visitors: booking local lodging, preparing per diem, requesting driver services, preparing programs, etc.
- Coordinate renewal of visas and request renewal of passport.
- Maintain contacts, files and databases for supervisor up to date, including entering new contacts and updating current ones.
- Request office supplies and if needed warehouse and/or greenhouse supplies.
- Other activities as requested by supervisor.
Position Specific dutties:
- Send publications of scientists to the CIMMYT library, and request publications to CIMMYT library that scientists may want (or purchase them and give them to the library).
- Make appointments (doctor appointments, visa appointments, etc.) for program staff and request driver services.
- Maintain publication shelf, staff photos and other interior decorations in program office.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have Technical degree in Administrative Areas.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3 months of experience working in a releated position.
- User level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Basic level of English (written and conversational). English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of A2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, and Client Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M21186 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday 27 September, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (email@example.com). Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.