Project Administrative Finance Assistant
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Tashkent
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
With the assistance of UNESCO and the European Union, the Government of Uzbekistan will be implementing the project “Skills Development for the Employability in Rural Areas of Uzbekistan”, recognizing the agriculture skills development as a driver of social and economic development. The overall objective of this project is to enhance living standards in rural areas through better employability for women and men, and the specific objective is to prepare women and men with relevant skills for the needs of a sustainable, diversified and modernized agriculture. The activities of the project will contribute to the following results: (i) to modernize and strengthen governance of skills development in the agriculture and irrigation sectors in line with the labour market demands; (ii) to modernize qualifications and methodologies of skills development to serve the needs of the labour market, learners and workers in the agriculture and irrigation; and (iii) to modernize agriculture and irrigation colleges in rural areas with competent management and teaching staff using modern technologies and teaching and learning methods.
In particular, project will target development of relevant skills of women and men for sustainable, diversified and modernised agriculture in Uzbekistan. In addition, it will also contribute to improving the quality, relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the skills development system in the agriculture and irrigation sectors, initiated by the Government of Uzbekistan, with a particular focus on the rural regions selected by the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Water Resources (Karakalpakstan, Khorazm, Bukhara, Surkhondaryo). It will help the Government to develop, to test and to pilot new initiatives and approaches in the agriculture and irrigation sectors with a view to scaling up transversal methods, high technology agriculture and food processing, and innovative approaches throughout the country.Detailed tasks decription
Under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Tashkent Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, Project Administrative Finance Assistant shall contribute technically to the implementation of the project. This includes the following functions, but not limited to:
- to ensure quality and timely achievements of the project outputs in line with UNESCO qualitative standards, administrative rules and results matrix of the project;
- to develop detailed project procurement plan, produce bidding documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- to research, to retrieve and to present information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as to obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
- to prepare summaries of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
- in consultation with project supervisors, to contact suppliers, to participate in negotiations of the terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of the UNESCO Administrative Manual, other relevant UNESCO’s rules and procedures; to obtain credit and other information on proposed suppliers.
- to provide technical and procedural advices to the project team on all aspects of procurement; develops and disseminates best practices. To analyze very complex and/or critical procurement proposals of financial or operational impact; to determine appropriate strategy/approach to best serve UNESCO’s interests, and to ensure timely procurement of goods and services with quality and cost considerations.
- to finalize purchase orders and contracts for approval; prepare submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official(s).
- to resolve successfully issues/problems related to delivered goods and services services, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received.
- to monitor budget implementation related to the procurement of goods and services and to prepare budget performance reports by analyzing the variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures, and recommendations to the reallocation of funds as necessary;
- to provide information needed to support audits and external evaluations and to respond to audit findings.
- to provide the necessary interpretation and translation from English to Uzbek/Russian for Project management
- to perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
- At least a bachelor degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or other related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of finance, budget, accounting, administrative services, human resource management, procurement or related area.
- Experience in providing support for the management and implementation of programmes and/or projects.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Uzbek and Russian languages.
- Familiarity with the administrative procedures of large Organizations;
- Proven excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Professional competencies in planning, policies, processes and procedures of procurement and travel.
- Good knowledge of results-based and budget management tools, Ability to ensure effective and efficient financial management and the exercise of economy.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to details and quality of work.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent knowledge of the Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Experience in analyzing audit reports and applying financial control and reporting procedures is desirable.
- Experience in budget management, application of results-based budgeting, budget performance reports and financial analysis is desirable.
- Experience in applying the UN Procurement guidelines and other relevant policies to the procurement process or similar policies for other international organization is desirable.
- Ability to engage and form effective working relationships with counterparts and colleagues;
- Proven ability to work within limited time constraints in the preparation of high quality products;
- Proven ability to work in a complex, rural and remote areas;
- Familiarity with the UN administrative procedures;
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations. Familiarity with the financial management and administrative procedures of the UN System and/or development banks;
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.