Junior Research Assistant for Sustainable Development Council
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Under the direct supervision of the DG Sustainable Development Council and UNDP SDG Integration Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks, mainly in relation to a Voluntary National Review on SDG Implementation, and private sector engagement on ESG Standards, sustainability reporting and SDG investments.
- Assist with data collection, compilation, transcribing and analysis from various sources.
- Assist with visualization of data and reviewing secondary data when required.
- Provide coordination and administrative support where needed-e.g. Stakeholder consultations, internal meetings etc.
- Assist with drafting of research reports, publications, policy briefs, and knowledge management products as relevant
- Maintaining excellent documentation of the data in an organized data base
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DG SD Council and SDG Integration Specialist.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Economics, statistics, development studies or any other related fieldRequired experience 36 Months Experience remark
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level experience in coordination, research work and statistical methods or other relevant programmes; is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative social research methodologies and using different research techniques according to the audience
- Other finance, economics and administration related experience
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in UNDP, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Sinhalese(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Tamil(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge