Associate Settlement Planning Officer
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Senior Shelter Cluster Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Associate Settlement Planning officer will undertake the following tasks:
In particular, s/he will
- Coordinate and lead the shelter cluster technical working group on sites and settlement planning, refining the scope of the WG, defining and implementing a workplan and plan of action.
- Establish systems to identify track and monitor emergency settlement planning needs and activities across NE Nigeria. This will focus on displacement sites, both existing and requiring decongestion strategy.
- Work with other clusters to ensure that relevant standards are developed adapted and effectively communicates.
- Develop sound technical guidance on site planning including emergency minimum standards with a view of long-term implications and future urban development.
- Actively work to ensure that physical site planning takes account protection concerns, including where relevant, deconfliction and security, access to services for those living with disabilities and reduced risk of GBV issues relating to poor site planning.
- Ensure that each site has planning to reduce key risks including wind, flooding and fire.
- Build partner technical capacity, systems and tools in site planning through coaching, training and workshops
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Bachelors Degree in Architecture or Civil-Engineering is required for this positionRequired experience 24 Months Experience remark
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience with a Master’s degree or 4 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Relevant professional experience includes management of humanitarian shelter or settlement programs / projects or a combination of experience in the humanitarian sector and construction related activities outside of the humanitarian sector such as supervision of construction works.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and negotiation skills in a cross cultural environment and the ability to assist in communication of technical and non-technical details with Government technical staff as well as NGO staff and local authorities.