Under the overall supervision of Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of Inclusive Livelihood and Resilience Portfolio of UNDP Djibouti Country Office, the UN Volunteer will develop an analysis of socio and economic recovery interventions planned and those that are implemented in Djibouti.
The UNV will support with quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data collection and analysis, developing criteria for performance-based grants and loan guarantee schemes and supporting the management of the knowledge products developed based on the results of household survey and socio-economic impact assessment conducted in 2020 by UNDP/
Under the supervision of the CTA, the UNV will:
- Provide support with quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data collection (primary and secondary disaggregated data on impact of COVID-19 on the micro, small and medium scale enterprises (MSMEs)
- Provide support in developing criteria and disbursement model for performance-based grant for MSMEs and civil society organizations
- Provide support in developing criteria for loan guarantee schemes
- Provide support in developing knowledge products based on the Socio-economic Impact Assessment and the two COVID-19 impact surveys that were conducted – household survey and SME survey.
Master's degree in Economics, Finance or closely relevant subject.Required experience 36 Months Experience remark
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative macroeconomic data and economic analysis;
- Candidates with long-term experience are encouraged to apply. Provided that the respective requirements are met, the assignment might be considered as UN Volunteer expert, including 40% additional VLA or as UN Volunteer Senior Expert (15 years of experience incl. international experience), including 100% additional VLA.
- Experience of running econometric analysis and developing socio-economic analysis reports
- Experience of preparing a report with a detailed approach assessing the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 on labour markets, SMEs and household welfare in the region based on micro surveys would be an added advantage;
- Prepare notes, briefs, presentations and project proposals, when requested:
- Strong communication skills;
- Familiarity with processes of UN agencies and/or IFIs an asset;
- Work individually as well as part of a team towards common goals;
- Fluency in French and English required
- Djiboutian national
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent