MEAL and Information Management Officer - Part time
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
The MEAL & Information Management (IM) Officer is a part-time position dedicated to the MADAD LINKED Consortium, a program funded by the EUTF (MADAD) and implemented by 4 NGOs (DRC, Mercy Corps, OXFAM and Al Majmoua) with the objective to contribute to sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic development in Lebanon. He/she is sought by DRC, the Consortium Lead, to join a Consortium Management Unit (CMU) which ensures that the core functions of the programme are carried out in a timely and effective manner. The MEAL & IM Officer will be responsible for providing technical assistance in relation to the information management system that partners are using to collect, store and analyse data related to the persons of concern, services delivered and all program activities. The system is called EcRIMS and it is managed by the DRC Information Management team and the CMU, Furthermore, he/she will be supporting in other functions such as data extraction, validation, analysis, reporting figures, creating tools with the aim to provide reliable, quality and up-to date information.
Main duties and responsibilities:
In liaison with the Information Management team at DRC and under the technical supervision of the CMU MEAL Specialist, provide technical assistance to CMU in relation to EcRIMS system, specifically:
- Support in EcRIMS related tasks and functionalities
- Support partners in EcRIMS data validation
- Ensure EcRIMS data is up-to date in a timely manner
- Support data extraction and extraction requests and formats by implementing partners from the ECRIMS system supporting the implementation of the LINKED Consortium programs using PostgreSQL queries.
- Extraction of reporting figures that feeds into reporting requirements:
- UNHCR System (RAIS)
- Activity Info
- Internal Monitoring Table (IMT)
- Quarterly Information Note (QIN)
- Information dissemination
- Drafts information products such as charts and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for the purpose of reporting and information sharing.
- Manage attendance data on google drive, on which the ECRIMS functions for the calculation of program’s participants:
- Validate new attendance sheets
- Link new attendance sheet from different folders into one master sheet
- Migrate master sheet data into different templates used for reporting and data migration
- Migrate attendance data to PostgreSQL database
- Create, update and maintain powerBi dashboards:
- Create database views
- Create graphs and charts using power-Bi
- Update and publish the dashboards on daily basis
- Provide refresher trainings related to the ECRIMS system
- Create/update ODK tools
- Attend LINKED Economic Recovery, MEAL and other working group meetings as per relevance and needmeetings
- Coordinate with Program, IM and MEAL focal points at each organization
- Provide IM technical support to all LINKED consortium members
- Any other duty requested by CMU and/or Information Management Team
To be successful in this role we expect you to have Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in information/data management systems in a humanitarian context
- Extensive experience in managing excel files and their functionalities both offline and on google drive, in addition to writing complex excel formulas and VBA codes
- Experience in data collection tools and creation of online forms on ODK and Kobo
- Extensive experience in generating statistical dashboards, graphs and info graphics, and visualizing data using Microsoft Power BI
- Extensive experience in database systems mainly PostgreSQL database management system, as well as experience in data analysis using R or SPSS
- Experience in providing trainings on IM systems and products
- Experience in editing and enhancing Information Management products using Adobe tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign by following User Interface User Experience (UIUX) methods
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Personal qualities: Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail, work well in and promote teamwork
- High computer literacy
- INGO experience preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Duty Station: Beirut
Expected start date: October 15, 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28- September 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.