The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for supporting the finance functions for the assigned Field Offices & the country program. The Finance Officer responsibilities include internal control, accounting data base management, reconciliation and verification of payment, budget and treasury and cash management functions.
Cash/Bank – Management
- Support in processing of bank and cash transactions.
- Review payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation up to the set limit.
- Support with weekly cash count and ensure that documentary evidence is duly approved.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are following IRC and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements for all field sites.
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet schedules as assigned. Make sure all items in the balance sheet account are current and can be supported
- Tracking staff advances and follow-up of long outstanding balances.
- Closely monitors all financial activities and keeps the Finance Manager advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Support the finance manager during external, internal, donor or government audits process.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are remitted to relevant gov’t office on timely manner
Treasury and Cash Flow Management
- Prepare weekly cashflow statement and advice on the cash needs.
- Coordinates the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests for field offices monthly.
- Assist the filed finance manager on facilitating of introduction or removal of signatories from IRC bank account
- Ensure internal system of record retention are following IRC policy and the local laws.
- Ensure maintenance of uniform standards for documentation, including forms, support documents etc.
- Control access to financial records to authorized staff only.
Month End Close-out
- Support with the monthly close-out process.
- Review monthly field financial report against the original documentation before posting the same on SUN system.
- Posting JVs on SUN.
- Support with any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.