Warehouse Assistant -Derek
- Understand, implement and maintain standard inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage receipts, handling, storage, release and transportation of goods from warehouse Derek to distribution points.
- Coordinate with program teams to submit stock release requests in accordance with distribution plans.
- Involve requesters to conduct inspection at the time of consignments arrive at warehouse premises making sure that quality of goods match with the required criteria.
- Ensure that stocks related documentation is completed and assessable to official observers.
- Manage casual labor activities to load and off load shipments and prepare their payments for onward submission to finance.
- Prepare monthly stock reports making sure that closing balances are matched with bin card and stock card balances.
- Ensure correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
- Report damages and losses following documented procedures as outlined in inventory manual.
- Conduct physical stock taking on monthly basis and report any variation in stock.
- Ensure that stocks held available in balances are distributed before the end date of any awards.
- Ensure that asset register is maintained, and all movements/transfers are recorded.
- Ensure documentary records are maintained, and assets are reconciled with the master asset list maintained at Derek officeDuhok and Erbil offices.
- Conduct periodic physical verification of assets, identify if there is any sort of variations, and report to warehouse officer and SCM.
- Ensure that all assets are tagged with a unique asset pre-numbers, metallic stickers used to identify individual items.
- Understand BIS license policy and assist program teams on BIS when they raise purchase request for any asset/equipment (IT/Medical equipment) to be procured internationally.
- Assets are monitored to ensure effective maintenance and as a precaution against loss or theft.
- Asset inventory controls in the form of asset checks are carried out on a regular basis.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Warehouse Officer
Indirect Reporting: Asset officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program teams, and Supply Chain Team
External: Supply chain focal points in other organizations, and local authorities