Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
Tallahassee (United States of America)
The Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator increases community awareness of and support for the IRC by leading programs that harness the power of welcoming communities to support the successful integration of IRC’s clients. This position collaborates with IRC staff to determine community sponsorship, volunteer, intern, and AmeriCorps needs and manages the full program lifecycle. The coordinator develops trauma-informed training materials to best prepare volunteers, interns, and others for their work with populations served by IRC.
Community Sponsorship Coordination
- Finalize the community sponsorship program design based on best practices in the field and through engagement with the broader sponsorship ecosystem.
- Conduct outreach for the community sponsorship program by meeting with community groups, businesses, civil society, and faith-based organizations about community sponsorship and its benefits, both for sponsors and the populations served.
- Recruit, screen, and match community sponsors to support populations served.
- Develop and update training materials and resources for community sponsors
- Maintain strong referral relationships with IRC staff and partners.
- Provide ongoing training and support to family sponsors and facilitate the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Coordinate and facilitate outreach, networking activities, and other advertising.
- Advocate for and promote awareness of refugee populations to promote community acceptance and integration.
Internship and Volunteer Coordination
- Coordinate active, effective, and professionally managed internship, volunteer, and AmeriCorps/VISTA programs as needed.
- Liaise with program managers and other staff members on opportunities for their respective programs and ensure assignment descriptions align with staff and client needs.
- Organize three recruitment cycles (fall, spring, summer) and coordinate office-wide application and interview process.
- Coordinate onboarding and exit process for all interns; includes processing background checks, setting up and closing IRC accounts, leading general orientation sessions, and providing general support as needed.
- Maintain and expand relationships with colleges and universities in the area.
- Coordinate information sessions for potential volunteers.
- Update and analyze volunteer/donor history and maintain strong outcomes in alignment with annual goals.
- Supervise interns and volunteers as needed.
Outreach, Training, and Other
- Represent IRC at local meetings, seminars, forums, and other community outreach opportunities.
- Conduct outreach, networking, and other advertising to recruit and educate potential donors, interns, volunteers, and partners on all current volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain information on all interns and volunteers, record intern/volunteer time, and keep accurate electronic records.
- Update and develop resources to manage intern and volunteer lifecycle.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and to balance multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural setting.
- Self-direction and initiative, when needed, to take the lead and to follow through to completion.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college preferred.
Language Skills: Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Combination of remote and onsite work in a standard office environment. As the transition away from virtual, remote work evolves, fulltime onsite will be required. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with legally required insurance. Position will require using own transportation within service delivery area. Mileage reimbursement available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.