Protocol Officer SSA8 - Ankara
WFP is the largest Humanitarian Organization in the World and 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Winner!
The United Nations World Food Programme in Turkey is looking for a Protocol Officer SSA8, based in Ankara/Turkey.
If you have six years of experience in protocol and working experience within the UN system and with Foreign Missions in Turkey, if you believe in your English and Turkish language skills,
apply at the latest by 28 September 2021.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish. French and Arabic will be considered as an asset.
Experience: 6 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the protocol business stream ad experience within the UN system and with Foreign Missions in Turkey.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The following are key accountabilities of the post with the incumbent;
- Draft, send and follow up on all Note Verbales sent to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
- Liaising with MoFA to get visas and ID cards for the WFP international staff and locally recruited non-Turkish staff and arranging ID card renewals
- Liaising with Government Officials (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Customs, Ministry of Interior) for buying, importing, selling, exporting official and personal vehicles, getting licence plates
- Liaising with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs getting permissions for camp visits (through Ministry of Interior Migration Management Directorate)
- Liaising with MoFA for appointments with the high-level Government officials
- Arranging tax-free fuel documents for all official WFP vehicles
- Arranging VIP entrance and exits for the country director (CD) through MoFA web page
- Arranging and recording tax exemption documents for the CD through MoFA web page
- Arranging to get residence permits for the families of the WFP staff working in non-family duty stations through MoFA and liaising with the HQ protocol office
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Annual Leave Entitlement : 1 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private comprehensive medical insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 11 months
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than 28 September 2021
We are looking for national candidates for the position.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short - listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.