Emergency Response Assistant Lebanon North
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities:
The Emergency Response Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day implementation of the Emergency Response projects by identifying emergency cases, establishing collaboration with Syrian refugees in informal settings and urban areas, gathering and providing necessary information, regular reporting and identification of gaps and duplication in services to improve the assistance to vulnerable communities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the Emergency Response function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Emergency Response function
- Work closely with other NRC programmes to implement needed activities in the informal settlements.
- Provide updates with verified information on humanitarian gaps and duplications in urban areas and informal settlements.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in program daily implementation as per the set NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensures reporting and breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Assist the team in identification of and establishing contact with refugee representatives and committees
- Meet regularly with the refugee representatives and assist them in organising meetings; facilitating minutes writing; sensitisation campaigns; information sharing; trainings etc.
- Work together with the refugee representatives to sensitise the informal settlement residents on the different services provided by different agencies working in the settlements and the local authorities and how to approach them
- Support the team in defining the methods of community participation that ensure the greatest possible participation of vulnerable groups (AGDM approach)
- Assist the team in identifying and responding to emergency cases
- Ensure that the distribution sites are organized according to standard operating procedures and security rules under the supervision of the Line Manager
- Conduct multi-sectoral field assessments in areas experiencing new displacements under the supervision of the Line Manager, ensure that they are properly entered to the database and referred to the needed sectors.
- Implement the full community protection approach (CPA) process effectively and efficiently to meet the project deliverables on time and to a high standard
- Perform any other relevant Emergency Response duties as requested
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC programmes in North (ICLA, Shelter, WASH and Education): close coordination on activity implementation, service mapping and referrals
- Refugees and refugee representatives
- Municipality Support Assistants.
- Bachelor degree in Social work or other relevant field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in working with community based projects
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Awareness of the humanitarian principles of independence, impartiality, neutrality and equality
- Knowledge of protection issues and programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect