Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Myanmar Hpa An (Re-announced, National Only)
- Role and responsibilities
The overall purpose of the M&E Coordinator (Hpa’an office) position is to coordinate all aspects of M&E related to projects being implemented in NRC’s South East (SE) Area, consolidate reporting from different Programme Teams and contribute to the overall development of NRC’s SE Myanmar’s M&E Capabilities. The M&E Coordinator will report to Area Programme Manager, with a dotted line to the M&E Manager (Head Office).
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, logframe design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff and area-based M&E staff in planning for and execution of M&E activities: creation of methodologies and tools for monitoring, coordinating data collection, data management, and analysis, reporting, and learning.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E staff in executing M&E plans.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Support development of Logical Frameworks and M&E Matrices for NRC Myanmar projects, including choosing and defining indicators and collaboratively setting targets with project teams. Maintaining M&E matrices up-to-date based on inputs from each area.
- Ensure registration of NRC Myanmar project data to the Global Output Report System (GORS), consolidate GORS reports from all SE Programme teams (Education, ICLA, Shelter, Livelihoods, Protection) and all projects, provide reports on a needs basis (e.g., quarterly) on the numbers of beneficiaries reached.
- Maintain and regularly update country-wide M&E plans, and reporting (indicator tracking) sheets in coordination with area-based programme and M&E staff.
- Contribute, in cooperation with programme teams, to the development of participatory methodologies and/or feedback mechanisms, such as community consultations or a hotline.
- Contribute, in cooperation with programme teams, to the development of monitoring methodologies for NRC Myanmar projects.
- Ensure the storage of M&E data in a manner that complies with NRC data protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and NRC Data Protection Policy.
- Supervise the quantitative and qualitative analysis of M&E data, and producing monitoring reports;
- Contribute to Grant Opening Meetings, Project Review Meetings and Grant Closure Meetings; contribute to donor reports.
- Develop, implement and review the country-level M&E annual strategy and all its initiatives at area-level.
- Contribute to sectoral needs assessments and multi-sectoral profiling exercises as required.
- Contribute to organizational learning and partners’ capacity building through supporting specific analyses, lessons learned and reports.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Management Group, including Area Manager, Area Program Manager and Programme Team Leads
- M&E Manager (Head Office)
- M&E staff in area offices.
- Accountability unit
- Grants, Partnership manager and/or partnership M&E Coordinator
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- At least 3 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with refugee contexts is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of typical M&E activities (Logframes, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, sampling, quantitative and qualitative analytical approaches, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of humanitarian and development M&E frameworks and standards;
- Knowledge of data collection software e.g., KoBo or ODK Collect is a plus;
- Knowledge of statistical software, e.g. SPSS is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS software e.g., ArcGIS or QGIS is a plus;
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Communicating with impact and respect;
- Handling insecure environments.
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
---- The post is for Myanmar National Only ----