Global Social Media Manager Norway Oslo
Global social media manager
Are you a social media expert who wants to make a difference in the world? The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting a global social media manager to help fulfil our strategic goals through social media communication.About us
NRC is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 30+ countries, where we help save lives and rebuild futures. In 2020 we assisted almost 12 million people, specialising in six areas: security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
NRC has embarked on an ambitious plan to scale engagement and fundraising for our programmes. As part of this strategy, the External Relations Department is establishing a global social media manager role to help build our global brand and make even more people support our work to assist people in need.About the role
As Global Social Media Manager you are responsible for working towards NRC’s strategic goals through social media communication and in charge of NRC’s global social media systems and accounts, including risk management.Here’s what you can expect to work on:
- Build NRC’s digital brand through social media communication, engaging target audiences and acquiring leads for fundraising.
- Develop global standards, guidelines and strategy for NRC social media
- Monitor performance on social media and develop ways to further improve reach and impact of communication products and ads.
- Build capacity in NRC country and regional offices on impactful digital communication.
- Train and supervise colleagues, interns and assistants working on social media communication.
- Maintain and develop social media account security and infrastructure.
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.About you
- You are a digital mind who has an expert handle on social media content strategy and advertising
- You are well-versed in social media communication and know how to spark engagement with a digital audience
- You are a result-oriented individual who is at home with using data to improve the content production cycle
- You are fluent in Norwegian and English, both written and verbal, and love editing text into attention-grabbing, effective content – cultivating your colleagues’ knowledge of quality digital communication in the process.
- You are capable of organising large volumes of content and unite competing interests into a global communication plan that builds a coherent and engaging digital brand
- You want to make a difference in the world through communication for a humanitarian organisation.
- A permanent position in a strongly committed, international team dedicated to assisting people forced to flee
- The opportunity to lead on social media communication in a global organisation with high ambition to grow outreach and fundraising globally
- Compensation according to NRC’s salary scale, good pension and insurance schemes
For more information about the role, please contact Head of Content Production and Digital Development Section at NRC, Guri Romtveit, at +47 91812944 or email@example.com
This position is part of the External Relations Department. External Relations is responsible for NRC’s profile and identity, individual fundraising, corporate partnerships, content production, NRC’s web and social media platforms, and communication towards the general public.
The department fosters a collaborative work environment. All members of department staff are expected to participate in collaborations across the department.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.