Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement modality (N-PSA 6); the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year. More information about the N-PSA is available here.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been active and present in eastern Ukraine for the past decade, prior to the conflict, with a focus on community development, civil society development, and environmental protection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support of programme monitoring, coordination and implementation, including follow-up on operational support services (payments, recruitments, procurement);
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Organization of workshops, trainings, and other programme and operational related events;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Monitoring and follow-up on programme implementation and operational support issues, and providing accurate and timely updates to the supervisor;
- Provision of inputs on administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Prepare programme related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, etc
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Contacts with visitors and staff, coordination of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed;
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Performance of a Travel Requester role in Atlas and preparation of E-req for procurement of goods and services;
- Providing logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the programme component staff
- Support to procurement of goods and services within approved level of delegated authority;
- Facilitating the process of procurement and delivery of programme goods and services through tender process in accordance with SOP;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Supervisor;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget; confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities;
- Provision of information for audit.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery;
- Distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordination of assets management in the Project Office, maintenance of records, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Participation in the trainings for the Programme personnel;
- Briefing/debriefing of Programme personnel on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Programme Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Programme.
- Relevant outputs of the programme annual work plan are fully and timely implemented.
- Achieve Results
- Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact;
- Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
- Think Innovatively
- Look beyond conventional approaches and established methods;
- Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
- Learn Continuously
- Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally;
- Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
- Adapt with Agility
- Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working;
- Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different way
- Act with Determination
- Pursue everything with motivation and drive
- Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
- Engage and Partner
- Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others;
- Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people;
- Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
- Effective Decision Making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
- Knowledge Generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Knowledge Facilitation
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
- Results-based Management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
- Working with Evidence and Data
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
- Contract Management
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Shared Services - HR
- Understands and applies main processes and methods of HR Management. Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policy and procedures relating to HR and applies them consistently.
- Inventory Management
- Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5K and above
- Events Management (including retreats, trainings and meetings)
- Support offices with event management including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Law, Political or Social Sciences or other related fields would be desirable but is not a requirement.
- 6 years of professional experience in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields with Secondary Education, or at least 3 years of such relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in working with and knowledge of ATLAS will be an advantage.
- Experience of working with international organizations/projects will be considered an advantage.
- Working experience with UNDP or other UN agency will be considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian
Important applicant information
All posts in the N-PSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.