Mexico (United States of America)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst to work in the Finance Section under the Corporate Services Program (CSP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Review of proposal budgets with emphasis on Costing guidelines issued by CGIAR, policies and guidelines at institutional level and donor regulations.
- Based on information provided by Project Management Unit (PMU), timely and accurate upload of project budgets in the financial system.
- Review of budget versus actuals and recommend ways to address any discrepancies, problems, unacceptable variances or trends.
- Provide agile response to queries from Project leaders and Program Financial managers on financial data reflected in the system.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate Financial Reports for submission to Donors, internal and other users in compliance with Institute standards, signed agreements and CGIAR policies.
- Validate all financial aspects of projects budgeting and control such as budget realignments and no cost extensions.
- Review Donor Receivable, ensure timely preparation of donor billings, and make certain that outstanding balances are legitimate and recoverable.
- Process the write off regarding any project-related customers’ billings that cannot be billed to or collected.
- Perform the reconciliation of the balance in the projects and accounts receivables module to the summary level account in the general ledger.
- Respond to donors queries regarding financial reports (through PMU).
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Report to Program Support Manager summarized results of financial review projects.
- Provide support to donor specific audits, internal audits and external audit as required.
- Perform related duties as requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in a financial role with increasing levels of responsibility.
- User expert level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience managing Financial Systems, ERP’s, databases, data extraction methods, report presentations and analytical skills. Experience in the usage of MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negociation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21198 Financial Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday 27 September, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.