General Support - Documentation and Archives Clerk
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Title: General Support – Documentation and Archives Clerk
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Finance Manager
Grade – J
Start of Contract & Duration: Three Months
Posting date: September 15, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Documentation and Archives Clerk will ensure archival of physical financial documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance from the supervisor or delegate, label and file all financial documents in designated physical locations to facilitate easy retrieval, in document number order as instructed.
- Maintain a clear written record and directory of all archived documents to facilitate retrieval and reference by DRC staff.
- Check sequential integrity of the documentation and properly file field office finance documents according to location and ensure all box files as well as written record are updated with the document locations accordingly.
- Operate filing, storage and retrieval systems for all financial documents
- Maintain a separate file for payroll and other tax documents to provide evidence of our compliance with tax and other legislative requirements within Ethiopia, as instructed by the Finance Manager.
- Upon authorized request, presents the required documents/vouchers to Finance Manager and ensures that the documents are returned to their original place.
- Review and receive all field office financial documents for 2020 via courier, ensuring receipt is organized by location and the financial documents are systematically labeled and archived safely.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Diploma in Administration, Finance, Library Sciences, or other directly related field from University or higher education. Applicants whom are currently studying will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is required, in a similar position of archiving, financial / document clerk, and/or library setting;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to use MS Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to September 25, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.