Finance Coordinator - Support Afghanistan Kabul
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator – Support is to implement delegated area of responsibility. He will be responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, maintaining of master budget and overall budget management.
Generic responsibilities :
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Prepare all financial donors reports.
- Facilitate monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports with budget holder and follow up on action points.
- Assist budget holder in preparation of budgets (Draft budget).
- Maintain Master budget update.
- Check and verify NRC Afghanistan payrolls before payments are made.
- Assist Area Managers in preparation of field Z costs and ensure that these costs are correctly charged.
- Be proactive in communication with donors to ensure that new donor requirements are taken on board.
- promote exchange of information and cooperation with relevant department in main office as well as with Project managers and coordinators
- Support the team when needed.
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures (Finance).
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance).
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance).
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
Specific responsibilities :
- Ensure that budgeting, financial reporting and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Finance Manager, Head of support unit, Programme Director, Area Managers, Programme Managers, Project Coordinators and the head office (HO) in Oslo.
Generic professional competencies:
- 3-5 years of Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor degree in Economic, BBA , Management or any other relevant field is required.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.