Youth Assistant Lebanon BML
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The NRC Lebanon Youth Programme supports Syrian refugee and vulnerable Lebanese and Palestinian youth (aged 15-30) through provision of a youth holistic package, including of vocational, life skills and language training, and guidance on pathways for further learning while ensuring that Youth become and remain active and engaged members of their communities, while employing a Do No Harm lens in terms of programme assessment and implementation.
NRC will provide access to structured learning and social engagement opportunities for refugee and Lebanese youth. Opportunities will vary according to the diverse educational needs of the youth population, taking into consideration sensitivities of engaging youth and linking where possible and appropriate to opportunities to enter the workforce, return to education, pursue further education and/or for personal, professional and social development.
2. Role Summary:
The Youth Assistant will be responsible for assisting the daily implementation of the Youth programme and following up in the field and conducting outreach visit and activities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the delegated Youth programme portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Youth programme.
- Work cooperatively with the beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out data collection as required
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in programme daily implementation as per the set NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensure reporting any breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Monitor attendance of youth and Educators.
- Support the day to day implementation of courses at the center
- Make sure that centers and teachers have all course delivery requirements
- Conduct outreach work and collecting information with identified communities.
- Provide outreach program in the community according to the module, curricula, schedule and approach
- Carry out surveys with youth using NRC template and tools
- Enter on daily and weekly basis data related to beneficiaries and activities in the youth data base
- Assist the youth team in data entry including surveys, observation forms and pre/post test results.
- Assist in distribution of materials and archiving of distribution lists.
- Assist in conducting regular assessments and producing relevant reports (including focus group discussions, interviews, questionnaires, etc.).
- Contribute to preparation of relevant documents (including contracts, MoUs, brochures, newsletters, information notes, information board updates)
- Refugees focal point
- Local authorities
- Other NRC programmes
- Bachelor degree in education or other youth education related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience from working with youth projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in psycho-social support for youth’s emotional, social, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results