HR Officer - Diyala (Re-advertisement)
Overall purpose of the role: Responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of DRC.
General Human Resources tasks
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Review Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
Compensations & benefits
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department.
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes.
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties.
Development, people planning, recruitment and well-being
- Ensure that the performance appraisal process is conducted, and that there are learning and development opportunities available to the employee.
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed.
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles).
- Assist or drive recruitment processes as needed.
- Assist or drive people well-being initiatives.
Experience and technical competencies
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development.
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using an online system for recruitments.
- Advanced knowledge of labor low especially in (recruitment, social security, leaves).
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
- English – Fluent
- Arabic – Fluent