Acting/LHIF Country Coordinator - Beirut
The Acting/LHIF Country Coordinator leads the work of the Secretariat and represents LHIF internally and externally as necessary to support lobbying with key donors, UN agencies and government. The post reports directly to an elected 5-person Steering Committee of LHIF and is recruited by the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
The successful candidate will be required to maintain the following general responsibilities:
- Act as focal point for LHIF. Facilitate and ensure consistent LHIF engagement in response leadership and planning mechanisms, such as the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan (LCRP) and Inter-Sector, in addition to the HCT and EOC.
- Manage and provide strategic and technical expertise on joint advocacy and operational initiatives agreed on by LHIF members.
- Follow and undertake Analysis on issues relevant to the LHIF Strategic Directions; synthesize and provide briefings on key concerns for LHIF members. Research and draft policy, position and background/analysis papers on LHIF issues.
- Ensure members are kept up-to-date on developments and consolidate member feedback to the UN, donors and government on issues related to the response strategy, management, coordination, and leadership.
- Act as liaison for LHIF with the Syria INGO Regional Forum (SIRF), ICVA, InterAction, and other local, regional and global NGO fora.
In addition to the above general responsibilities the consultant will ensure delivery of the following:
- Organize and facilitate LHIF Plenary Meetings, LHIF Steering Committee Meetings, and the meetings of agreed LHIF sub-groups. Oversee implementation of and report on the agreed strategic directions.
- Plan and coordinate a LHIF-CD workshop to deliver 2022 LHIF Strategic Planning overview.
- Organizing and facilitating a lessons-learned exercise for sector NGO co-coordinators to discuss challenges and exchange best practices.
- Develop and support external advocacy opportunities for LHIF Regional Focal Points, and produce one regional operational context overview report for Q4 (per region). As part of this, work closely with the newly recruited LHIF Access, Safety and Coordination Advisor.
- Monthly reporting from NGOs on bureaucratic processes and procedures, in addition to continued LHIF engagement in the Access Working Group.