Project Assistant - G5 (DC)
New Delhi (India)
Vacancy no.: DC/NEWDELHI/GS/2021/04
Publication date: 14 September 2021
Application deadline (midnight India time): 17 September 2021
Job ID: 6672
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-New Delhi
Location: New Delhi
Contract type: Special Short Term
Contract duration: 5 months
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in India.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A temporary 5 months contract ending 28 Feb 2021 will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is INR 784,918 yearly.
In the backdrop of increased interest in strengthening bi-lateral relations between India and the EU, the Common Agenda for Mobility and Migration (CAMM) was signed by the two sides, ushering a new phase in EU-India cooperation on the issue of migration and mobility.
The EU-India Cooperation and Dialogue on Migration and Mobility Project aims to supports and maximizes the benefits of international migration for both, EU and India. It focuses on the four pillars of the Global Approach to Migration and Mobility framework that are of common interest to EU and India, supporting both sides' strategic migration agendas. Further, the project contributes to improved management of mobility and legal migration between the EU and India, and to reduced irregular migratory flows. Its specific objectives are to support the EU-India High Level Dialogue on Migration, further develop EU-India cooperation in this area and strengthen relevant migration management capacities of stakeholders on both sides.
The position will provide project administrative and finance support to the project team.
Under general guidance of the Director, DWT South Asia and Country Office India and overall supervision of the Technical Officer, the Project Administrative & Finance Assistant will provide support to the Project. He/She will work closely with the Administrative & Finance unit, Programme unit, and concerned departments in the regional office and headquarters to ensure efficient integration of administrative and financial requirements.
Description of Duties
1. Assist in the preparation of project documents such as terms of reference for papers, concept notes, minutes of meetings, project reports.Ensure maintenance of all project documents; including e-filing of all documents and updating in the common drive.
2. Monitor plans, reports and other relevant information of project implementing partners to ensure activities are completed as per plan. Review eternal collaborators documents to ensure compliance with ILO communication guidelines. Maintain work plan updates and assist in monitoring of activities
3. Serve as focal point for coordination for project administrative support including liaison with various unit in the ILO New Delhi office, governments and project partners, obtain necessary clearances, processes and follow up on administrative actions in accordance with established rules, procedures and deadlines.
4. Draft and follow through on correspondence and reports in accordance with standard office procedures.
5. Organise meetings of the project, ensuring logistics and participant outreach and communication. Ensure visibility compliance of all banners and other products generated by project
6. Review communication plan on a monthly basis and ensure follow through of activities. Ensure maintenance of all project documents; including e-filing of all documents and updating in the common drive.
7. Coordinate with the communication team in New Delhi to ensure visibility through twitter, facebook, press briefings etc. Ensure all events and products including reports, photographs, presentations, pre and post-dated event related information etc is uploaded in a timely manner on the project website, in coordination with communication team in ILO New Delhi office.Coordinate with ILO Geneva for copyright procedures of all project publications
8. Share open source files with the ICM on a regular basis of all approved products.
9. Communicate with vendors on the communication guidelines, provide inputs to design and review design of documents, conduct sample checks of documents and ensure adherence to ILO house style rules.Respond to internal and external communication in coordination with Technical Officer
10.Monitor expenditure, analysing expenditure trends, projecting financial requirements, reviewing/preparing budgetary proposals/financial reports, monitoring expenditures etc. This will include preparing and modifying budget data such as budget proposal, budget revision and re-phasing in coordination with Finance Unit.
11. Ensure financial transactions (invoices, claims, payment requests) are prepared and submitted in a timely manner including coordination with external entities for smooth financial management in the office ERP system. Keep team updated on a monthly basis and maintain system for financial monitoring .
12. Ensure that Procurement process is carried out as per procurement principles to ensure best value for money. Coordinate with vendors and internally within ILO New Delhi office to prepare contracts in the system and maintain tracker for all contracts.
13. Prepare and submit travel plans and submit the travel request in the office ERP system, coordinate with the traveller and submit claims as per the ILO travel rules.
14.Perform other duties as may be assigned by the NPC and/or the Country Director.
Completion of secondary education.
Five years of progressively responsible administrative work, and some training in an administrative field. Proven experience of supporting implementation of technical cooperation projects and working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners would be an asset.
Excellent knowledge of English. Good knowledge of Hindi.
- Knowledge of programme and budget and through understanding of wide range of administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with word processing, spread sheet, web-browser, as well as other computer software packages required for work.
- Thorough knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems.
- Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing and ability to communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to organize own work and to work independently as well as work in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline.
- Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to details.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.