IT Operations Assistant (Asset Management) (G5 - Sana'a)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
This job is in Yemen Country Offices. The Job holders report to the Snr IT associate. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To assist in Information Technology Procurement Processes, equipment availability to end-users, asset management and provide effective IT services for WFP Yemen operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The employee will be member of the TEC unit in Sana’a and will be specifically responsible for following tasks and duties in addition to his/her generic term of reference.
• Assist with annual procurement plan and ensure accurate data of the asset is provided before the procurement plan.
• Contribution to procurement process to ensure long lead time problems are addressed.
• Maintain IT Purchase Requisitions (PRs), GRN/SES.
• Maintain proper and up-to-date hand-over documentation for incoming and outgoing equipment, issued and recovered equipment and transfers of equipment to other operations or received from other operations.
• Performs all Asset Management duties to ensure that the assets of WFP Yemen operation are safeguarded and used in the most efficient and effective way and kept in safe storage location under the recommended temperature.
• Organizes and provides physical asset inventory and status report to supervisors, recording all known facts regarding lost/damaged equipment and forwards written report to the supervisors for further action.
• Perform the annual physical asset inventory, reconciliation of the data ensuring accuracy through comparison of the data on the created assets, physical annual verification reports and the actual data contained in the GESM database.
• Respond to end-user’s queries related to equipment, tools, and accessories.
• Promptly update the corporate Asset Management Database (GEMS).
• Distribute IT assets based on approved equipment request form.
• Promptly recommend replenishment of IT stock using the minimum stock level indicator.
• Recommend disposal of assets based on assets exceeding usefulness, faults that cannot be repaired and non-usage of assets for considerable length of time.
• Maintains all electronic and paper assets files and archives.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience of providing asset management services in a complex operation.
• Has worked with the procurement team in defining asset requirements for larger operations.
• Has experience with the asset management application, experience delivering equipment to the client, is used to doing the physical count of the assets periodically and has the ability to keep the asset management system up to date.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of working experience in asset management in a national or, preferably, with an international organization. computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and asset management systems.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
NOTE: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28th September 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.