Associate Information Analyst
Juba (South Sudan)
Under the direct supervision of Chief Joint Mission Analysis Centre, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain an understanding of the political, security, social-economic, and humanitarian situation in the Mission area and in the region.
- Identify emerging issues, trends and dynamics that may have implications on the country and ability of the Mission to fulfil its mandate.
- Collate, analyze and synthesize information to produce accurate and timely JMAC analytical products and briefings.
- Deliver oral briefings, present visual presentations, and provide decision making advice to diverse audiences in various forums.
- Assist in the maintenance and coordination of JMAC tools, including “Priority Information Requirements”.
- Foster effective working relationship within JMAC and with Mission components, UNCT, and other partners.
- Participate in fact-finding and other missions to the field.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Degree in Political science, Social Science, International Relations, Intelligence and International Security, Journalism, Humanities, Law or related fields.Required experience 36 Months Experience remark
Minimum three (3) years experience working with security and politically related matters.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Power BI, etc.) are required.
- Familiarity with mapping software (ARC GIS, etc.) is desired.
- Excellent drafting skills, reporting, analytical and editing skills are required.
- Good oral briefing skills are required.
- Previous international experience in sub Saharan Africa is desirable.