HR Lead (m/f/d)
IRC (International Rescue Committee) Deutschland is looking for a
HR Lead (m/f/d)
Berlin, Bonn or remote | starting December 2021
Full-time | fixed-term (1 year)
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee Deutschland is part of the IRC global network. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
IRC Germany was established in 2016 in order to further enhance the profile of the German humanitarian and development sector and to provide further opportunities for advocacy on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, IRC-DE has grown rapidly and has representations in Bonn and Berlin. It is working with major German statutory donors and German civil society organizations. The IRC in Europe also has offices in Brussels, Geneva, Stockholm and London.
- Designs and implements the German HR agenda in consultation with senior management.
- Provides HR input into the planning and development of cross functional initiatives for Germany and Europe
- Represents HR vis-à-vis the work council
- Serves as key HR business partner for senior management and senior line managers
- Acts as interlocutor between Germany and global functions on HR matters
- Represents HR in the German Senior Management Team, sits on the Europe HR team; member of the global HR partners group
- Supports Director of HR Europe in redesigning the HR service delivery proposition in Europe.
- Manages the German HR team (two employees of which one is a direct report)
- Prior experience in the HR department of complex, international organizations
- Prior experience of working with senior leaders in multiple geographies
- Experience working with a German works council
- High level of proficiency both German and English
- Proven experience of leading restructures and complex HR projects
- Proven management experience
What we offer
- Being part of a highly motivated, cross-cultural team in a growing organization
- Flexible working hours and agile working conditions
- A number of employee benefits such as gym membership, subsidized public transportation
- 30 days of annual leave
The position can be filled in our offices in Bonn or Berlin or possibly remotely.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV in English, at least three references) via IRCs application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions, also with regards to inclusion, please contact Christine Mader, HR Lead (HR.Deutschland@rescue.org).
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 29 September 2021.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany.
For further information, please visit our website IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-DE strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-DE is committed to equality of opportunity and to inclusivity for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.