Child Protection Data Management Officer
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refuguees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Summary of statement
The Child Protection Data Management Officer is responsible for implementing data collection, compilation, analysis, and storage into the CP IMS in Shire. He/she will Collect, organize, store, and generate reports to strengthen case management processes and practices of the CP program that include psychosocial support activities.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the CP team in the assessment of cases of children in Shire and update the database and the verification exercise.
- Carry out case management data Entry into the Child Protection Information System (CP IMS) database and where relevant, engage in the development of an inter-agency data management system.
- Attend and feed into case management meetings in all locations where possible
- Address data management challenges while insuring confidentiality and data security.
- Ensure standard tools and approaches are established and reviewed on a regular basis
- Support Case Management Project Officers and Case Workers in all locations to effectively use case management tools and forms, as agreed through the CM Taskforce.
- Support (the incentive workers) team leaders and social workers in the data collection, verification, and documentation of cases of children and mentor Case Workers to ensure that good practices are adhered to and that the Inter-Agency Case Management Guidelines are followed
- Hold regular case conferences and 1:2:1 meeting with all Case Workers.
- Follow-up the preparation and implementation of case plan, referrals and home visit conducted by the social workers is as scheduled.
- Assist the child protection officer in the preparation of SOP for case management, information sharing, and data protection protocols are in place.
- Assist the child protection officer /manager in updating the monthly, and quarterly documentation of caseload and statistics.
- Ensure that the case files and other relevant documents of UASC and other at risk /vulnerable children are properly handled with care and hold in a safe lockable filing cabinet.
- Frequently change the passwords of CP IMS database.
- Adhere and fully abide by the child protection code of conduct.
- Shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Child Protection Data Management Officers will directly report to the Child Protection Officer of Shire and the CP Manager based in Shire with additional oversight from the child protection assistant coordinator in Addis Ababa.