Case Processing Officer (National Position)
IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States
resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape
Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted
Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and
Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 38 countries, the RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the United States.
The Case Processing Officer (CPO) is responsible for data entry and quality control into START, a State Department managed data management system that supports the processing and resettlement of refugees, as well as updating and maintaining physical case files for refugee cases. The CPO also performs other functions outside of the general responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Case updates, per daily output targets, including: USCIS updates, security requests, scanning /attaching, medical updates, assurance requests and travel packet creation, and quality control.
- Produce and deliver specific progress reports to the Case Processing Manager
- Enter refugee case information into START and case files
- Where applicable, provide task-specific training/guidance, and monitor the progress of, Case Processing Assistants/new hires/temp staff/interpreters, providing relevant feedback to the Senior Case Processing Officer/Case Processing Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Reports to: Case Processing Manager
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Senior Case Processing Manager, Case Processing Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Bangkok and Malaysia RSC staff
External: USCIS officers, RPC, UNHCR and IOM