Casework Assistant (Multilingual)
Silver Spring (United States of America)
SCOPE OF WORK: The Multilingual Casework Assistant provides interpretation services and supports resettlement efforts by by conducting airport pickups, home visits, cultural orientations, translating documents and performing related resettlement tasks.
- Provide high quality, culturally competent interpretation services for refugees, asylees and SIVs receiving services through IRC and partner agencies.
- Provide interpretation services to outside clients that request interpretation through the IRC Community Interpreter Program.
- Transport newly arrived refugees from the airport and orient them to their new homes. Conduct required follow up home visits.
- Conduct cultural orientation trainings for newly arrived refugees and asylees using an existing curriculum.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- Other administrative, linguistic, and resettlement-related tasks as assigned.