Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure regular interaction with HR Focal Points in francophone Country Offices on consolidated region-wide operationalization of recruitment strategies and plans for local staff positions.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR recruitment policies, procedures and guidelines applicable to locally recruited project personnel.
- Oversee and ensure transparent and competitive recruitment, selection and placement processes including but not limited to the classification/validation of terms of reference for GS staff positions, vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, organization of interview panels, candidate selection/approvals, and handover of completed recruitment cases to the GSSU Benefits and Entitlements Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- In collaboration with hiring managers in Country Offices, elaborate recruitment strategies for each recruitment case.
- Ensure delivery of a high quality, timely and accurate recruitment service to enhance client understanding and confidence in GSSU HR as a credible HR service provider.
- Create and maintain data bank of terms of reference and candidate rosters.
- Monitor the advice and guidance provided by Central Recruitment in OHR on recruitment processes, procedures and best practices to develop and share insights to further enhance the effectiveness of the function.
- Analyze and consolidate inputs and feedback on the development and implementation of the applicant tracking systems as necessary.
- Coordinate HR business process mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in recruitment and control of the workflows.
- Develop procedures and practices that contribute to enhanced and improved recruitment.
- Ensure compliance of recruitment strategies with UNDP rules and regulations, policies and guidelines by providing ongoing operational guidance, interpretation and technical support to the Team.
- Provide team members advice and solutions on more complex recruitment cases or cases of an exceptional nature.
- Organize and oversee the work of the team to ensure a consistent and high-level service quality.
- Support vacancy management, including the design of vacancy announcements and approval of job postings.
- Coordinate timely transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes, vacancy announcements, screening, assessments and selection of candidates and reporting, in line with UNDP policies and standards.
- Facilitate assessment processes, including management of test and competency-based interviews; facilitate interview panels as applicable.
- Design strategies and ensure positive candidate experience, including communication with and provision of guidance for candidates on their inquiries about UNDP career opportunities and application process.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of HR policies, rules and regulations related to recruitment and staffing.
- Provide support to the development and delivery of an effective onboarding process in collaboration with GSSU-BES, Talent Acquisition and People Programmes and Talent Development Unit for newly hired and transitioning candidates to ensure a smooth transition to the new role.
- HR knowledge management distribution/ system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of Recruitment, Selection and Placement matters.
- Identify the need for new and/or modified policies and practices and initiate or propose actions required. Actively liaise with relevant UNDP/UN entities to seek policy clarifications and/or identify agreed solutions.
- Conduct periodic training courses on local recruitments for Country Offices and the Regional Hub.
- Enable and empower the team through access to GSSU HR knowledge base and by sharing own knowledge.
- Regularly analyze the typology of job profiles required for projects at the Country Office level.
- Continuous learning and development for HR staff by pursuing own development and acquire new knowledge with HR best practices.
- Support the regional Team Leader in conducting research and making recommendations on data-driven Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for recruitment that are aimed to enhance the candidate experience, reduce the time to hire and facilitate a smooth HR administrative experience during employment.
- Produce reports on achievement of the established KPIs for the region in a timely manner.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Knowledge of recruitment and HR issues, procedures and principles, and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical solutions to secure and retain quality candidates
- Knowledge of HR management issues and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to coordinate and deliver services in line with unit work plans and Service Level Agreements and standards of excellence in UNDP
- Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees
- Accurately accumulating information and its analysis; forecasting potential problems and planning; allowing for alternative, creative solutions and identifying most reasonable solutions
- Ability to manage and coordinate campaigns and people with inspiration. Believe in and promote diversity in the workplace and reshaping the workforce to meet need
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or related field.
- Specialized certification in HR is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources Management, including some experience specifically in providing recruitment services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- At least 2 years of recent supervisory responsibility leading teams in a diverse team environment.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of UN/UNDP policies, rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Working experience from UNDP country office or regional hub is highly desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc.). Demonstrated knowledge of integrated HR management systems would be an asset.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP HR module experience, especially PeopleSoft (Atlas).
- Excellent command of the French language and a good working knowledge of English required (both written and verbal).
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.