Tucson (United States of America)
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. The IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. For over 20 years the IRC offices in Arizona have provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
Job Overview: The Casework assistant provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Casework Assistant carries out activities to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
· Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services. Assist clients to attain their established goals, address challenges, and utilize available resources.
· Detail client interactions in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
· Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
· Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings.
· Complete documentation of client services in different databases
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
· Position Reports to: Casework Supervisor Position directly supervises: None
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Casework Assistant Band / Grade/ Level: 9B Department: Tucson, AZ, USA Schedule/Duration: Full Time/Regular Overtime Eligible: Yes (Non-Exempt)
· Indirect Reporting: Senior Program Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Internal: IRC staff, interns and volunteers
· External: Community partners, housing providersUpdate