Sacramento (United States of America)
IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Domestically, our offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
Job Overview: The Intensive Case Management (ICM) Caseworker will work as part of a team to provide newly arrived refugees with long-term case management, services, and resources to successfully integrate into their new community and gain self-sufficiency. The ICM Caseworker will develop individualized service plans with clients and provide ongoing services for up to two years. This includes assisting clients to navigate the health care system, supporting access to benefits, providing clients with education and coaching, and coordinating referrals and follow up with other service providers. This position reports to the Intensive Case Management Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a team to conduct initial intakes and develop individualized, holistic service plans for each client;
·Provide comprehensive, client-centered case management and services including but not limited to assistance navigating healthcare and other systems, support accessing benefits and insurance, referrals to community service providers, and assistance with booking appointments and scheduling transportation and interpretation;
·Facilitate ongoing education and coaching to support client goals and long-term self-sufficiency;
- Assess and monitor client progress at regular intervals to ensure progress on goals is made; modify initial service plans and other case file documents, as required;
- Identify appropriate service providers to meet client needs, successfully coordinate client referrals, and assist and advocate for ongoing access to services and care;
- Work with IRC staff to ensure client integration and referrals across programming;
- Support ongoing partnerships with local service providers and community organizations;
- Complete timely and accurate case notes, track program data, maintain up to date knowledge of program requirements; and ensure compliance with casefiles and documentation;
- Assist with oversight and training of program interns and volunteers;
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Intensive Case Management Coordinator
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: The ICM Caseworker will work as a member of the Intensive Case management team and will collaborate with other staff to support achievement of program goals. This position will also develop working relationships with Resettlement and other office departments to ensure successful client referrals to the ICM program and from ICM to other services and programs as necessary.
External: The ICM Caseworker will support the development and maintaining of relationships and referrals systems with community service providers to ensure comprehensive, wrap-around services to support client needs and self-sufficiency goals. This includes, but is not limited to, health professionals, mental health professionals, insurance providers, the Refugee Health Clinic, schools, special needs resources, housing resources, etc.
- Associates degree with an emphasis in Social Work, Public Health, or related field required;
- 2+ years of related professional experience in case management, medical and insurance systems, and/or health education required;
- Prior experience working in humanitarian settings, with non-profit and community-based organizations with refugees, immigrants or other vulnerable populations required;
- Experience providing crisis intervention strongly preferred;
- Language skills in Arabic, Dari, Pashto, or Farsi or other relevant client languages strongly preferred;
·Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds;
·Strong written and verbal communication skills;
·Strong computer skills, particularly Word and Excel required; prior experience using data and tracking systems strongly preferred;
·Attention to detail and ability to organize and track large amounts of information efficiently and accurately;
·Commitment to teamwork and collaboration across all of IRC’s programs;
·Possess reliable transportation, valid US driver’s license, and active insurance policy.
·Standard office work environment.
·Travel to field site operations and external stakeholder meetings occasional.
·Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.