PROJECT MANAGER, KAICIID KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (Home-based)
This joint project between the Programme Department, Executive Management Department, and Organizational Support Services aims to systemize and collect institutional knowledge and information. The Centre has an in-house developed Contacts Management database that will eventually need to be migrated into the new platform. Thus, the Centre is looking for a Consultant who will manage the procurement project of a suitable knowledge management system.
Under the supervision of the Director, Programme Department and in close coordination with the IT Officer and other KAICIID colleagues involved in the project, the selected candidate will:
- Work with KAICIID relevant staff to assess knowledge management needs, understand and identify current practices and processes, staff skills, audiences, existing platforms, and define the appropriate business and system requirements in a report.
- Analyze the market, preparing a comparative analysis of potential software products, elaborating specific recommendations for a suitable system reflecting on the latest knowledge management trends and best practices.
- Assess and evaluate the impact of the GDPR concerning data collection and retention through the knowledge management system.
- Assist the Centre in the system's procurement, establishing the evaluation criteria for technical and commercial, and preparing a list of potential bidders for the incoming tender.
- Serve as the focal point for all technical questions related to the tender and providing clarifications to the potential bidders during the RFP stage.
- Participate in the evaluation of proposals responses and benchmark them with the set evaluation criteria.
- Oversee the system's roll-out, including by acting as the focal point between the selected vendor and the relevant KAICIID team members.
- Develop training materials and train Programme staff on Knowledge Management areas such as information management, software use, and prepare any documentation that may be required in this regard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, social sciences, knowledge management or other fields related to the scope of the assignment.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in knowledge management or technical advisory experience in knowledge management.
- Proven project management experience; Agile and/or project management certifications (CSM, PMP, etc.) will be a plus.
- Experience in evaluating knowledge management tools and processes.
- Proven experience with IT procurement and/or technically relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with inter-governmental organizations.
- Experience working with project management and collaboration systems such as Trello, JIRA, MS Suite, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a team situation with remote members.