ICLA Assistant Sudan Darfur
Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Assistant Alfasher Area Office (National Position) - 4 position vacancy announcement.
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist with day to day development and eventual implementation of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Programme in North Darfur – El Fasher. The ICLA assistants will support ICLA assessments to be conducted in the different States to help develop ICLA program. In addition to this, they will be responsible for the provision of information, counselling, legal assistance and collaborative dispute resolution services to displacement affected communities. This position will involve at least 40% travel to different States.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of ICLA portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within ICLA as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Support ICLA needs assessments and scoping studies to be conducted in different States to develop the ICLA programme in Sudan.
- Undertake analysis of the national legal framework governing ICLA thematic areas such as housing, land and property rights amongst others in Sudan. Compile up-to-date information on relevant law, procedures and policies in Sudan.
- Conduct group information sessions, designed to raise awareness and provide information to on ICLA thematic areas
- Provide legal counselling and legal assistance for beneficiaries who require more detailed information or assistance on ICLA services.
- Support in identifying potential local partners/ legal aid providers and building their capacity to provide services in line with NRC and ICLA standards and procedures.
- Input and update beneficiary data into ICLA’s case management tools.
- Contribute to monthly progress reports on activities, highlighting any technical or operational successes and difficulties
- Adhere to ICLA policies, donor agreements, work plans, budgets and procurement plans.
- Adhere to NRC’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures, and coordinate with these support departments to ensure timely implementation of ICLA activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A University degree in law is strongly preferred and will be considered a very strong asset; alternatively a degree in social science, political science, or a related subject will be considered if the candidate has a sufficiently strong background in protection related work.
- Minimum two years’ experience from working in a protection or legal assistance implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context, including the delivery of technical capacity building trainings.
- Experience with housing, land and property rights related issues will be considered a very strong asset.
- Experience in project management, including supervision of staff and ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Significant experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities
- Prior experience of representing an I/NGO, and advocating on behalf of beneficiaries, in public forums (e.g. Protection Cluster/Sector)
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Apply through www.nrc.no/career closing date: 04/10/2021