Finance Officer Sudan Darfur
Finance Officer Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of a finance officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Support and Implement NRC’s financial systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure proper filing of documents in accordance with Securing Supporting Documentation (SDD) guidelines
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Support line managers in providing finance training to staff
- Support the implementation and adherence to the anti-corruption policy
Accounts and Banking:
- Management of cash and bank account of the Geneina area office, including the forecasting
- Ensure financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that the data has correct codes and as per the project documents and are signed according to the authorization table
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items
- Proper close of the projects and year-end close
- Enter the Agresso rebooking and keeping proper record of it
Budget & Reporting:
- Preparation of financial reports as required by the Country Office Finance Manager
- Ensure budget holders have access to the BvA and participate in monthly meetings with the budget holder at area level
- Support budget holders and project teams in preparation of forecasts
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests and ensure signatories are according to authorization table
- Support the Area Manager in preparation of the master budget and new donor budgets and revision of existing donor budget
- Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools, and support the project teams to understand the financial reports and provide trainings as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in business administration, human resource management or related field with minimum three years’ experience of working as an HR and administration officer in a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and ddocumented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Apply through www.nrc.no/career closing date: 04/10/2021